You can add custom DNS to your WiFi connection that will block all communication with the Nintendo servers. This will stop any updates and reporting to Nintendo, but it will prevent use of the eShop and online games.
- Go to the Settings applet, and then to the Internet tab.
- Select the WiFi network you are connected to and click
- Change DNS Settings to Manual.
- Pick the Server that is the closest to your device out of the below chart and enter its Primary and Secondary DNS into your connection.
- Save Settings and test connection.
|Location||Primary DNS||Secondary DNS|
|Europe (Server located in France)||
|America (Server located in the USA)||
Example for a 90dns connection with the Europe settings:
Testing if your 90dns connection is working
Click to expand!
- Download the latest release of the 90dns Tester
- Place the
switchfolder on your SD
- Enter the homebrew menu and run the 90dns Tester
- After the test finished it should look similar to the below picture, with every
nintendodomain being blocked